Until last night's rain, the water level has been very low behind our house
(Meder Swamp, Monkton). A lot of the wildlife was squeezing into a smaller
area. There have been several groups of Great Blue Herons. In the last few
days, I've seen as many as eight herons in the same area.

With lower water, the fish are easier to catch.  Here is a video of a heron
grabbing a fish, shaking off some weeds, and having lunch. Remember, I'm
holding up a camera to a telescope, so the image is not the best quality.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/thereyouare1/Wildlife/?action=view&current=P8300011.mp4

Tried getting a video to show all of the herons. As you can see, I wasn't
very successful.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/thereyouare1/Wildlife/?action=view&current=P9040019.mp4

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/thereyouare1/Wildlife/?action=view&current=P9040017.mp4

Norm