Hello all,

I was at Delta Park in Colchester this morning and did not find a single
shorebird. The shorebird numbers had been diminishing of late but today was
the first time that I did not see any during August or this month. The sandbars
that were closer to the shoreline have been covered (most likely knocked
down from wave activity). The 2 large sandbars to the south and pretty far
out are still there and could still draw in migrating shorebirds. The other new
info is that there are several duck/goose hunters set up with decoys and
some are using duck blinds. It is that time of year after all. I will not be going
out there too much anymore as a result. My best recommendation for seeing
shorebirds at this point would be to go to Shelburne Bay. There is still plenty
of great habitat for them there and it still seems to me to be a good place to
keep looking for new arrivals. I am not completely ruling out Delta Park
however.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead