Spent the day with Zeke Jakub in Victory (at the Blowdown and rogers creek
trail) and then up to Moose Bog trail. We came close to boreal grand slams
at both locations missing by just one Boreal Chickadee that called once along
the Roger's Creek Trail but we could not confirm. Otherwise 4 Spruce Grouse
and 6 Gray Jays, a couple Black-backs and 1 confirmed Boreal Chickadee at
moose bog with a small 'herd' of Palm warblers, 14 stampeding through
moose bog also. Merlin and Sharp-shinned kept the warblers quiet for a spell
but we did OK. List follows.

Victory IBA, Essex, US-VT
Sep 6, 2012 6:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
4.0 mile(s)
33 species

Spruce Grouse  1     Male banded: left leg orange over white, right leg white
over orange
Wild Turkey  14
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Hairy Woodpecker  2
Black-backed Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  2
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Merlin  1
Least Flycatcher  1
Blue-headed Vireo  2
Red-eyed Vireo  3
Gray Jay  4
Blue Jay  5
Common Raven  1
Black-capped Chickadee  X
Red-breasted Nuthatch  7
Brown Creeper  1
Golden-crowned Kinglet  6
American Robin  16
Gray Catbird  2
Cedar Waxwing  X
Nashville Warbler  1
Common Yellowthroat  4
American Redstart  1
Northern Parula  1
Magnolia Warbler  2
Black-throated Blue Warbler  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler  5
Song Sparrow  1
White-throated Sparrow  3
Purple Finch  2
American Goldfinch  4

Moose Bog Trail, Essex, US-VT
Sep 6, 2012 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
24 species

Spruce Grouse  3     2 males, 1 female
Wild Turkey  1
Great Blue Heron  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Black-backed Woodpecker  1
Blue-headed Vireo  2
Red-eyed Vireo  1
Gray Jay  2
Black-capped Chickadee  X
Boreal Chickadee  1
Red-breasted Nuthatch  4
Brown Creeper  2
Golden-crowned Kinglet  6
Cedar Waxwing  X
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Nashville Warbler  2
American Redstart  1
Northern Parula  1
Magnolia Warbler  1
Blackburnian Warbler  1
Black-throated Blue Warbler  1
Palm Warbler  14     Just lucky enough to catch this flock foraging through
the spruce and hemlock along the Moose Bog trail
Yellow-rumped Warbler  5
American Goldfinch  1

Tom Berriman