Yesterday afternoon, during a public Monarch Tagging event at North Branch Nature Center, a participant netted a Common Buckeye!  We found one buckeye at NBNC last fall, so this makes the second sighting on the property.  Other butterflies we encountered were Monarchs (of course), Eastern Tailed Blue, Cabbage White, Clouded Sulphur, and a mating pair of Viceroys.

Monarch numbers have been way up this year... most we've had on the property since at least 2007.  And we still have some Monarch caterpillars on the property, maybe in their 2nd or 3rd instars.

Cheers,
Larry

--
Larry Clarfeld