My thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in & emailed me with suggestions regarding my September 10th question to the list about librarian consultation fees.  I did not receive any responses that answered the question about what the current rate would be for librarians providing comprehensive literature searches on a contract basis.  One librarian recommended I check the MEDLIB-L archive which provided information from 2008 and 2009 and another librarian suggested I check http://nnlm.gov/mcr/evaluation/valuation.html which also provided some helpful information.  Thanks to everyone for all of your help!
Becky

-----Original Message-----
From: Mehling, Becky
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reference - Librarian Consultation - Hourly Rate

Can anyone provide information on "going hourly rates" for librarian consultation rates for librarians providing comprehensive literature searches/reference assistance for physicians/hospital staff in the Midwest?  What should be factored into the hourly rate?  Please reply directly to my email at [log in to unmask]  Thank you.

Rebecca Mehling, MLS
Medical Library
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center University Hospital East
1492 East Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43205
ph: 614-257-3248
fx:  614-257-3904

We are committed to improving people's lives through personalized health care.