Our campus has replaced virtually all existing copiers/scanners, networked printers, and standalone printers with networked copy/fax/email machines.  We can only send scans to email addresses in our campus domain.  Since we are open to the public, there can be times when someone needs to, for example, scan a document to paste into a PowerPoint.  I would be interested in hearing what protocols are being used by other libraries that are open to the public and that have such restrictions on scan destinations.  We are using an old standalone printer/copier/scanner on one PC for now, but its days are numbered and we can't order more supplies for it.  Thanks.

--Tom
*****
Thomas B. Craig, MSLS
Director of Library Services
Watson W. Wise Medical Research Library
University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
phone: 903-877-2864
fax: 903-877-5412
email: [log in to unmask]
*****
Opinions stated are those of the sender and are not official statements of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler.  Please do not share or forward without permission.  Please inform the sender of misdirected messages.