"Hospital libraries need no budget, just a willing staff member to collect useful reports

A wealth of quality research is available on topics relating to disease, health and patient care. If your library has more information needs than budget, the latest DocuTicker Report: DocuTips on Healthcare Research can point you in the right direction. DocuTicker editors hand-select abstracts for our database, identifying quality research reports available at no cost to save you time. Then turn to the section describing the publishers to find additional reports to meet your needs."
This is the message of a just received email blast from    [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Now, let me say I love FreePint and use it regularly to spot pertinent reports as I am sure many librarians do. It offers great info.

But this outrageous ad for a report sponsored by Springer is abysmal.  Note that the report is free - can't wait to see how I can dump all my resources including Springer's books and journals - and have no budget! Yet I must be able to provide for the direct care of patients, support of evidence based practice, assistance for administrative efforts and support for the education of health care providers. Opps, wait, it won't be a librarian - just a "willing staff member" - Way to go to denigrate an entire profession and your biggest customers.

Linda Matula Schwartz, MDE
Director, Library Services
Lehigh Valley Health Network
1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18105
610-402-5290

Libraries are about service - not books. Information where & when you want it with librarians as professional guides.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Please note that if you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply e-Mail and delete all copies of the original message.