Mary Ann,
  I just forwarded the same email.  My concern is - how do we know that
all that information will not be sold.  Does anyone know of this Warren
Group ?
  Andrea

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:25:48 -0400, Mary Ann Wilson  wrote:

          Has anyone received the inquiry below?  Do any towns already
provide this information and if so, how do you charge – “rent,
borrow or purchase”?

  Mary Ann Wilson

  Town Clerk and Treasurer
  Town of Morristown
  43 Portland Street
  Morrisville  VT  05661-0748
  (P) 802-888-6370
  (F) 802-888-6375

  Dear Ms. Wilson,

  The Warren Group collects and compiles data on real estate sales and
ownership throughout New England and offers a range of real estate
products, information services and printed and online publications,
including the weekly newspaper Banker & Tradesman and monthly magazine
The Commercial Record. The company also produces and organizes trade
shows and events for a variety of industries, including bankers,
mortgage brokers, credit unions and lawyers. Based in Boston, the
company was established in 1872 and is now in its fourth generation of
family ownership and management. The Warren Group’s suite of data
products includes market reports and statistics, research tools,
marketing and business strategy solutions, analytics and research that
helps serve the real estate and financial markets throughout New
England.   You can reference some of our testimonials by going to
www.thewarrengroup.com/testimonials to find how others think about our
services that we provide to them.

  The purpose of this letter is The Warren Group is looking to rent,
borrow or purchase a copy of images or microfiche for all of the
mortgage, mortgage assignment, mortgage discharge, and pre-foreclosure
documents that were filed between the dates of January 1, 2005 -
current date.  As one example, if we were to rent or borrow the
microfilm or fiche from the Town Clerk that was needed, we would be
willing to pay for the reproduction fees involved so that the original
would stay in the hands of the Town Clerk.

  Please be assured that we do not have any intent to re-sell,
repackage or repurpose these images or microfiche, rather to utilize
these documents to continue to provide a complete data set of
resourceful information to our real estate and financial communities
that we serve.  We have been in the public records industry for 140
years.  The relationships that we have fostered over that time are
extremely valuable and we treat all our relationships and the people
that we work with like family, thus the reason for our longevity.  We
do not hold public records offices accountable for data errors or
inaccuracies.  This understanding has led to valuable and beneficial
relationships between The Warren Group and public records offices
around New England and beyond.

  Partnering with the towns directly is a win-win situation for both of
us.  The Warren Group does not need to hire staff to collect the data,
or take up terminals in the public records room, which can be used by
Title Abstractors, Title Examiners, Paralegals, etc. At the same time,
The Warren Group can save valuable time and money and give the Town
Clerk’s office unbudgeted funds to be used on projects that have been
tabled for a variety of financial reasons.

  Morrisville would not be the first in offering this type of data set
to the private sector. We are actively working with many towns and
counties throughout New England.

  Because we have contractual obligations to gather this historical
data, we will need to proceed with the collection within a few weeks.
We would prefer to partner with your office and rent or purchase the
data, but if you choose to forgo this opportunity, we will have to use
our own resources to collect it.

  We look forward to hearing from you after you have discussed this
with the appropriate people.  I can be reached at 617-896-5348 or at
[log in to unmask]  We will also follow up with an original
letter in the mail.

  Thank you for your time and consideration on this very important matter.

  Sincerely Yours,