Thank you!

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doreen Woodward
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tax overpayments from escrow companies

If the payment comes in after the mortgage has been discharged, I send the money to the owner.  If the mistake is because of a refinance and both banks send us the money, I send it back to the mortgage company BUT I copy the owner with my cover letter and a copy of the check so they will know that the escrow company should be in touch with them.

Doreen

Doreen Woodward

Town Clerk/Treasurer

Town of Westminster