-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Monash Debating Review: Call for Submissions
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 01:21:02 +1100
From: Monash Debaters <[log in to unmask]>
To: Malaysian Debaters <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, ALLASIAN <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Dear all,

We hereby open our call for articles for the 2012 edition of the Monash Debating Review (MDR). The MDR is the only international peer-reviewed debating journal, and routinely hosts high-quality academic writing on debating. Its contributors range between academics, experienced debaters, and simply articulate commentators on our activity who do not have extensive academic or debating experience. Examples of past issues are available here.

This year, we are interested in a wide range of areas related to debating, including:

We're also aware, however, that we cannot second-guess the areas covered by all potentially fruitful articles. If you wish to discuss your ideas or articles in advance of submission, please email [log in to unmask]" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(235, 114, 16); ">[log in to unmask].

We're happy to accept submissions of full, completed articles (both shorter articles of 1,500 to 2,500 words, and longer pieces up to 4,000) or abstracts of proposed articles of up to 500 words. The deadline for abstracts is 12.00 GMT on the 15th of October 2012. The deadline for completed articles is 12.00 GMT on the 5th of November, 2012. This will be followed by a period for review and amendation.

Those submitting articles will have to be willing and able to respond quickly to editorial messages and make any necessary revisions or changes to short timescales. For any queries about the process, or to submit an article, please contact [log in to unmask]" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(235, 114, 16); ">[log in to unmask].

Many thanks,

Sam Block
Chris Bisset
Colin Etnire