13

6

# teams

36

44

60

152

NORTHEAST UNIVERSITIES DEBATE SWEEPSTAKES 2012-2013

BECOMING A PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES:

  * SCHOOLS ASK TO BE LISTED.
  * YOU SELF-IDENTIFY TO BE PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.

TOURNAMENTS AND POINTS:

MUST BE A WORLDS FORMAT TOURNAMENT.

CAN COUNT THE BEST FOUR RESULTS FROM THE LARGEST SIX TOURNAMENTS IN THE
NORTHEAST (NEW ENGLAND, NEW YORK). THIS MAY INCLUDE USU IF IT IS HELD IN
THE NORTHEAST. IT DOES COUNT YALE BUT NOT TOURNAMENTS IN CANADA. IF
WORLDS IS HELD IN THE NORTHEAST IT WILL COUNT. IF TOURNAMENTS IN THE TOP
SIX HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF TEAMS THE SCHOOL WILL RECEIVE THE SCORE FROM
THE TOURNAMENT WHERE THEY SCORED HIGHER.

  * BEST FOUR TEAMS COUNT FOR SWEEPSTAKES.
  * 1^ST =3 POINTS, 2^ND =2 POINTS, 3^RD =1 POINT, 4^TH =0 POINTS.
  * COUNT THE LAST SIX ROUNDS.
  * 6 FOR ADVANCING IN ELIMS.
  * 10 FIRST PLACE, 7 SECOND PLACE.
  * HOSTING TEAMS CAN DEBATE BUT NOT GET POINTS, UNLESS HOSTING USU
    NATIONALS.  IF A TEAM HOSTS A TOURNAMENT, THEY CAN COUNT THE NEXT
    BIGGEST TOURNAMENT SO EVERYONE GETS SIX TOURNAMENTS TO COUNT.
  * COUNT TOURNAMENTS DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR SEPT 1 UNTIL MAY 1.
  * HYBRIDS CAN DEBATE BUT NOT GET POINTS.

AWARDS

  * AWARDS GO TO THE TOP FIVE SCHOOLS
  * THE NUMBER ONE SCHOOL HAS TO BUY THE AWARDS.
  * AWARDS MUST BE ENGRAVED WITH SCHOOL NAMES.
  * THE AWARDS FOR 1-5 MUST BE THE SAME SIZE.
  * MUST BE DELIVERED BY SEPTEMBER 15 OF FOLLOWING YEAR OR AT FIRST
    REGIONAL TOURNAMENT.

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont

Please realize that I am often on the road with travels all over the world. I may not be able to respond to you immediately. See my calendar at
http://debate.uvm.edu/tunacalendar.html