I was trained to label them RA1, RA2, etc. if they branch off the aorta.
Connie McCoy, RVT

Connie

----- Original Message -----
From: James Schrimsher <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:34:40 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: 2 renal arteries

Thanks for your response.My understanding of "accessory" is a branch off the main renal artery where as the other RAs come directly off the aorta.I assume if there are more than one RA then we would label RA a then RA b  etc. then provide prox. mid & distal measurements for each one.Im typing this & thinking I've answered my own ? (DUH).Thank you for your time.
                                                       Sincerly
                                                            Jim