Take the extra 10 min and scan below the knee. Blood flows up the leg and something left untreated can propagate.
Connie Mccoy

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Patricia Rudibaugh" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Entire leg vs to knee venous
Date: Sat, Oct 27, 2012 10:41 am

The new supervisor of our Vascular Lab asked me why we scan the
entire leg in a Venous Duplex scan when evaluating for DVT when other
facilities in the area scan only to the knee and stop.  The lab follows
ICAVL, SCU and our Medical Directors guidelines/protocols, however,
she is looking at the possible time saved and training spent.  Any
explainations out there? I have never heard of scanning only to the
knee, but I am new to Vascular since 2009. Is there something I am
missing???  Thanks in advance for your explainations...