Sorry, for the duplication.  I recieved and message my first post did not go through.

Connie

----- Original Message -----
From: Connie McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:32:05 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: CCA criteria

The Journal for Vascular Ultrasound 32(3):137–140, 2008
Age, Race, and Gender Influence Internal Carotid
Artery Doppler Velocities in Children
Connie E. McCoy, RVT; Elaine M. Urbina, MD; Philip R. Khoury, MS; Thomas R. Kimball, MD
I am happy to post a manuscript with directions.
I do agree with Ann Marie, in light of absent criteria for children and and adolescents, since it velocity does vary depending on factors of age, race, gender, height, ratios are the best determinant.  I have studied over several thousand kids in the last 8 years and have never seen a carotid with a >70% stenosis.

Connie McCoy, RVT
Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Connie