Hello flownetters-  I have a question about carotid correlations.  (Actually probably more about interpretation, but here goes....)   If the systolic velocity meets the set criteria for a 50-69% stenosis, but the diastolic does not,  should it be read based upon the systolic velocity alone?
For example our criteria is 140 cm/sec systolic with 40 cm/sec diastolic = 50-69% stenosis.  However, my doc often reads something that might be 142 cm/sec systolic but 25 cm/sec diastolic.  Am I okay to say that he has read correctly using the diagnostic criteria when I am doing my correlations?

Ruth Myers, BS, CNMT, RDMS, RVT
Lead Technologist
Vascular Laboratory
Beebe Medical Center