Neurogenic?

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul J Graham
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cold Legs and Feet, without Significant Arterial disease?

So yesterday I had a Patient whom the Vascular Surgeon had Ordered an
Lower extremity PVR and Segmental Pressures on with Digit pressures. The
Patient was Not Diabetic and has no Atherosclerotic History.
However the Patients Legs and Feet were both VERY COLD to the touch. He
stated his legs are always like that. So I performed the Exam and while the
PVR waveforms in the Ankle's and Toes were a bit Dampened bilaterally. The
PressuresSeemed to be Within Normal Limits with exception of the Right Great
toe, however his Toe was very short and difficult to get a good pressure on.
Even the Dampened PVR waveforms show a Dicrotic notch. Just out of
curiosity what else could cause someones feet to stay so cold?

Thanks in advance

Paul Graham RVT
Technical Director
Delaware Bay surgical services