Bill Johnson, Port Townsend, somewhere on the West Coast of the Americas

I understand the prinipals of "Squeezy Calf Devices" and would submit there
is little if any research that links them with clot propagation, although
that seems counter-intuative.  One fact involved might that moving flow in
the veins not only reduces the chance of clotting but also enduces
a limitation of clotting factors.

I could be wrong, would not be he first time, but I cannot recall finding
venous thrombosis in patients that were active, had no family history of
ideopathic thrombosis/thrombophilia, travel confinement, or, most
importantly trauma.

I was never a "fan" of SCD's and disliked the time it took me to remove
them to examine the limbs but I also took the time to carefully replace
them.  I strongly doubt some applications did not result in subclinical
PEs, but what does not kill you makes you stronger?

I only hope I will never need them, and wonder how I could sleep and
recuperate with the darn things waking me all night...  I would rather get
up and pace the floor.  I believe in the "calf pump".  But if that is not
possible, pumping the calf might be the next best thing?