No, sorry. Been in Cincy all my life.  But, I just had a group here for research training from CHOA.  Would you know them?

Connie

----- Original Message -----
From: Annette Gunnoud <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:31:29 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: CCA criteria

Is this the Connie that used to work with me @ Emory?

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Connie McCoy
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

The Journal for Vascular Ultrasound 32(3):137–140, 2008 Age, Race, and Gender Influence Internal Carotid Artery Doppler Velocities in Children Connie E. McCoy, RVT; Elaine M. Urbina, MD; Philip R. Khoury, MS; Thomas R. Kimball, MD I am happy to post a manuscript with directions.
I do agree with Ann Marie, in light of absent criteria for children and and adolescents, since it velocity does vary depending on factors of age, race, gender, height, ratios are the best determinant.  I have studied over several thousand kids in the last 8 years and have never seen a carotid with a >70% stenosis.

Connie McCoy, RVT
Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Connie