Paul,
thinking a bit more about your anueurysm question and looking at some earlier texts in regards to aneurysms, they mostly mention fusiform and sacular aneurysm types.  It seems like few aortic aneurysms fit either type, but are in fact irregularly shaped, so it just made sense to come up with the eccentic terminology.
matt

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Matthew Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Paul,
I haven't heard an aneurysm referred to as eccentric before, but it may be in response to phasing out the word "ectatic" when describing an aneurysm.
matt

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Myers, Ruth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
They own more than three cats and don't go outside on days beginning in "T"...   ;)

Ruth Myers, BS, CNMT, RDMS, RVT
Lead Technologist
Vascular Laboratory
Beebe Medical Center
Lewes, Delaware

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doug Marcum
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Eccentric Aortic Aneurysms

 Eccentric aortic aneurysms, to my knowledge, are usually located on the "left side of the tracks" (usually next door to the boorish IVC). They live in expensive homes, wear gaudy clothes and jewelry and dine at all the upscale eateries.  :)

Doug Marcum
RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS),RPhS
Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
Global Vein Solutions