The library will be screening the film "Arranged" on Wednesday, November 7 at 6:30pm.  Light refreshments will be served.  This wonderful film is part of our We BTV: Arrivals, Departures and the Making of a Community series.  A series of programs in support of ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center’s exhibit Race: Are We So Different?

Please pass on to others you think may be interested.

About the movie:
Two young women — one an Orthodox Jew, the other Muslim — meet and become friends as first-year teachers at a public school in Brooklyn. Over the course of the year they learn they share much in common, not least of which is that they are both going through arranged marriages.   Free & Open to All.

Many Thanks,
Barbara

Barbara Shatara
Outreach & Reference Librarian

Fletcher Free Library
235 College Street                   802.865.7211
Burlington, VT 05401                [log in to unmask]
--
Sherwood Smith
Lecturer, Department of Leardership  & Development Sciences and