From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Margaret Cobb
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The Warren Group

I received a letter from the Warren Group in early October stating they are a premier realestate information provider in the Northeast.  They stated the purpose of the letter is to rent, borrow or purchase a copy of images or microfiche of all the Town mortgages, mortgage assignments and mortgage discharges filed between January 1, 2005 to current date.  At the bottom of the letter they said they are under contractual obligations to gather this data and if I don't partner with them to provide this information they will use their own resources to collect it.

Since then I have received an e-mail that they have asked me to post concerning hiring a temporary public record data collector.

Has anyone heard of this organization and or received the same letter?  Are they a legitimate company?  How have you responded to their request?

Thank you,

Margaret Cobb

Peru Town Clerk