If they are willing to pay $1 per page, the data is theirs to sell, but yes, I'm uncomfortable with it.

Bobbi

At 08:54 PM 11/7/2012, you wrote:
Is it just me or are others also more than a little uncomfortable about what The Warren Group is proposing to do – mainly copying years of our land records to turn it into real estate data so they can they can then sell it over and over again for a hefty profit on their website?

Gene Craft
Town Clerk/Treasurer
Town of Vershire
(802) 685-2227

NOTICE: Under Vermont’s public records law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about town business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.

Bobbi Brimblecombe
Marshfield Town Clerk
122 School Street, Room 1
Marshfield, VT 05658