Any amount paid over and above the delinquent taxes due and all the expenses of the town in cluding the lawyer's fees, must be paid to the original owner.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Town Clerk
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:49 AM
Subject: Tax Sales

When someone over pays for a property on a tax sale, and the property is not redeemed by the original owner, what happens to the extra money after the 1 year period?


Stacy Jewell

Town Clerk / Treasurer

Town of St. Johnsbury

51 Depot Square, Suite 101

St. Johnsbury, VT  05819