1.  Several weeks ago, we had a large group of juncos (20 or so) regularly
along with many pine siskins at our feeders.  For the past week or so I
have one single junco.  It seems strange to see him alone.

2. Discovered a new (to us) trail today in the Milton Town Forest. The
yellow trail is long and rough and will be a great place to bird next
summer but today, we saw nothing but chickadees and then three
golden-crowned kinglets in a group of hemlocks... a late sighting for me.

3. Last February, Bill and I had a wonderful, bird-filled vacation at
Jekyll Island in Georgia.  We are thinking ahead to a similar trip this
year.  We need to go during the school vacation week and we would love to
combine the trip with a visit to our daughter in Auburn AL.  Could anyone,
off-list, give us any suggestions for destinations in Sothern Georgia or
coastal Alabama in February?  Thanks.

Martha
Westford