Snow is on the mountains and Redpolls have returned to the Mad River
Valley! Yesterday Team Pipit reported a small flock near Blueberry Lake in
Warren. Pat Folsom reported seeing them there also. This morning, on my way
to Pat's house, I found a larger flock of about 50 birds in the birches at
Kingsbury Construction in Mad River Park. Then, on our way to Blueberry
Lake, Pat and I spied a second large flock of at least 50 more Redpolls at
the side of the East Warren Rd just south of Wadhams Stable.
It appears the winter finch forecast was correct!

Patti
Moretown