Crossing all fingers the stray finds a home.  I've watched cats
intentionally leap from hiding just to panic birds, then clean up the
ones that strike windows.  I sure hope the red-bellied has only been
visiting somewhere and returns to your feeders soon.

Kaye in Hinesburg, madly feeding voracious birds.