From: cynthia crawford
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VTBIRD] Runnemede Cackling Geese?

Went looking for the Cormorant yesterday.Didn't find it, but there were
about 15 short-necked geese there. I think they might be Cackling Geese.
There were many Canadas in the water later and flying around, but this
bunch did not take off, and seemed to stay together.  Photos here, with a
Canada amongst them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/sets/72157632066013818/

Also saw:
75 Canada Geese
150 Redpolls
7 Black Ducks
1 Wood Duck (m)
11 Ringnecks
1 Kingfisher
! Common Merganser

And...ta da!  A River Otter

Photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/

(Last year, with a group of Upper Valley birders, we saw ...well,a mink I
think, running along a bank in this same area.  I REALLY wanted it to be an
otter, but I was out-voted. This time, there is no question...is there?
;-).

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/