Hopefully, a sign of things to come:  yesterday in Worcester village,
outside the new Post Office Cafe (I highly recommend sampling their
excellent baked goods and coffees), a single Bohemian Waxwing was
calling.  I didn't linger outside outside long, but it apeared to be a
loner.

This morning, while working outside my home in Norwich, I had the
unmistakable and repeated flight calls of a Pine Grosbeak overhead, then
45 minutes later a White-winged Crossbill.  I never saw either bird, so
don't know if they were members of a flock, but both were heading south.

Could be an interesting Christmas Bird Count season...

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies