Yesterday, the 27th, Ron Payne and I surveyed Lake Champlain from Lapham
Bay to the Champlain Bridge, making six stops.  Highlight was the
excellent views we had of two Red-throated Loons on calm waters, seen
from the end of Jones Dock road.  One was smaller, an adult in
non-breeding plumage.  The larger one was an immature.

Lesser Scaup (1154), Canada Goose (700), and Common Goldeneye (410) were
the most abundant birds.

Overall for waterfowl there were:

Mallard
Black Duck
Common Goldeneye
Horned Grebe
Red-throated Loon
Common Loon
Hooded Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Common Merganser
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Canada Goose
White-winged Scoter (24 north of the Champlain Bridge)

We also saw the Mockingbird that is known year-round, along Lake Street,
Bridport just south of Route 125.

The Jones Dock Road list is below.

Ian
==================
Jones Dock Road, Addison, US-VT
Nov 27, 2012 11:26 AM - 12:34 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.2 mile(s)
Comments:     Ron Payne, Ian Worley
18 species

Lesser Scaup  1154     Clicker count by individual birds.
Common Goldeneye  353     Clicker count by individual birds
Hooded Merganser  1
Red-throated Loon  2     The adult non-breeding plumage individual was
smaller, the immature was larger.  They stayed in contact with each
other throughout the viewing time.
Common Loon  2
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Ring-billed Gull  175