OCAS also found a Cardinal with a deformed bill at the Hurd Grassland
on our Monthly Wildlife Walk on November 10. Pictures on our website:
http://ottercreek.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/november-monthly-wildlife-walk/

  --
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:43:33 -0500, Josh Phillips <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This week we've had a large group of cardinals around the feeder and
fruit trees in our yard in South Burlington.  Among them is a female
with a fairly severely damaged bill.  Everything I can find online
suggests avian pox as the culprit.  Does anyone have experience with
this?  She seems otherwise healthy and must be eating somehow.