Today, after three and a half years of living in Burlington, I
ventured out on the bike path through Colchester Bog for the first
time. I was happy to find a flock of ~20-25 birds that I thought were
all cedar waxwings about 25 yards out. Despite the sunlight
“over-exposing” them I was excited to realize at least 5 of them were
different - larger, darker and more uniformly gray. They also had more
red on the face (very noticeable, even without binocs), more white &
yellow on the wings and a larger yellow tail-tip. A life bird I’ve
been looking forward to :)

Catherine Griset
Burlington