Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday, November 17, 2012 on
the Maquam/Black Creek Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot located
on Rte 78 approx 2  miles west of Swanton.  If you have any questions,
just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Bridget
Butler and Ken Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge
board members.

After 32 months of walks we have observed 121 species (95 species so far
this year).  Hope to see you there!

The Visitor Center will be opened after the walk until 2:00 pm.  Come in
and see the nature art and photography that is on exhibit.

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit:
http://friendsofmissisquoi.org/