It was the day of the grebe on Lake Champlain today - Horned Grebe that is, with 46 observed. The highest concentration was 21 at Button Bay.

Other birds on the lake included White-winged Scoter (Tri-town), Bufflehead (Charlotte Ferry), Common Goldeneye (small groups at Shelburne Bay and Champlain Bridge), Hooded Merganser (Champlain Bridge).

We also saw a nice variety of raptors with Northern Harriers (8), Sharp-shinned Hawk (1), Bald Eagle (1 adult), Red-tailed Hawk (5),  Rough-legged Hawk (4), and American Kestrel (1).

Bonaparte's Gulls, 20 in all, were seen at Shelburne Bay, Tri-Town and the Champlain Bridge.

Brilyea Access at Dead Creek had lots of ducks, mostly Mallard, American Black Duck and Green-winged Teal, but there four Gadwall and a male Northern Pintail. A flock of 21 Snow Geese was seen over the fields in the background.

On Lake Street in Bridport there was a mixed flock of Horned Larks and Snow Buntings, about fifty all together.

On the way home, we saw a Northern Mockingbird in Whiting.

All sightings reported to eBird!

Sue Elliott, Sue Wetmore, Marsha Booker