We have had what we believe to be a cooper's hawk dive bomb our chickens who were happily foraging in our yard and garden and who luckily all made it to cover but were traumatized for days.
The hens are so vulnerable, their only defense is to hide. I try to watch as much as i can and listen but that is hard with all the windows closed.
brennan