I highly doubt that in Vermont. There is plenty evidence in literature that
they have fairly poor freeze tolerance.

Previously our latest record was nov 1 and most are gone by oct 15

Kent

On Nov 26, 2012, at 9:26 AM, "Grkovich, Alex" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  *Could be; but recall that Klots as far back as 1951 wrote that “…Perhaps
a few adults remain to overwinter in the North…”*

* *

*Alex*

* *

*From:* Vermont Butterfly Survey
[mailto:[log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]>]
*On Behalf Of *Alan
*Sent:* Monday, November 26, 2012 9:24 AM
*To:* [log in to unmask]
*Subject:* Re: A late Monarch

That was my well-after-the-sighting thought, too. Before moving to Vermont,
I lived near Hazleton, Pa., where one of the best known Monarch farmers
lives, selling his goods for release at weddings, even in the dead of
winter.

Alan

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>