From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sampson, Margaret
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 10:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Best search engine for intranets?

Good morning,

I'm on the team that is redeveloping our hospital's intranet (internal site). We had intended to use Google Mini as the search engine for the new site, but it is no longer being sold, and the Google Enterprise Search Appliance is a bit rich for us.

I would be interested to hear from you what search engine you use for your intranet (other than Google or Sharepoint) and any strengths or weaknesses you would care to pass along.

Sincerely,

  Margaret

Margaret Sampson, MLIS, PhD, AHIP
Manager, Library Services
Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO)
401 Smyth Road  Ottawa, ON  K1H 8L1
Tel: (613) 737-7600 x 2207  |  Fax: (613) 738-4806  |  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message.