I have been asked by a physician how to cite an article in a Clinics . . . journal.  I am referring to journals such as Clinics in Dermatology, Clinics in Chest Medicine, etc.  He is preparing a reference list for a journal article that he has written.  The Instructions for Authors for this journal just give examples of the reference style but not a specific format.  My question is whether to include the editor of the journal or just treat it as any other journal reference with just the name of the author, etc.  I have checked various other formats, and it seems to be the case not to include the editor if you are referring to just one article in the edited journal.  Thoughts?

Donna J. McCloskey, MLIS, AHIP
Presbyterian Hospital Huntersville I Health Information Center
10030 Gilead Road I Huntersville, NC  28078
704.316.6705

[X]

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH
INC. and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or
otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review,
forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are
not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and notify the sender by e-mail. If you believe that any
information contained in this message is disparaging or harassing
or if you find it objectionable please contact Novant Health, Inc.
at 1-800-350-0094 or forward the e-mail to
[log in to unmask] Thank you.