Questions: how many vena cava filters were placed in the US and worldwide
in the most recent year available?

I have some data from the National Hospital Discharge Survey for 2010,
which should cover the US, but worldwide??  Accompanying question is
incidence of DVT and pulmonary embolism - also US and worldwide, most
recent data available.  Again, same discharge survey gives US data, but I
don't know where to start for global data... Will comb some recent review
articles for leads, but if there's a nice compendium out there for such
things, please let me know!  My brain is just fried lately...

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Knowledge Resource Library

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)