Late to the accident party here...2 years ago, my daughter (then 12) had an odd fall on the last run of the day  - as is typical.  She wound up w/ a bootline break in her tibia (I'm pretty sure).  The patrol team which arrived could not have been more interactive, friendly, and calming to a distraught 12 year - old.  I remained markedly reserved - allegedly.  The point is that they did not feel they were doing "God's Work", but were simply using the skills they learned to help a distressed person, alienating nobody.  They were very interested in the events leading to the fall, the mechanism of injury, and ensuring good comfort while packaging for the ride to the patrol shed.  Even in patrol HQ, I experienced a great deal of verbal give/take to inform both my daughter and me of the on-goings of her treatment.  They did not forget that the patient expands to family/witnesses, etc, and were truly grateful for the information given in an effort to provide the highest standard of care available.  I hope the skier JJ witnessed and assisted is OK.