One more thing about the concern over using free web based services. It's
not the "free" aspect of the services that is a concern - The concern is
over putting your documents in a shared environment under the control of
someone other than yourself. Even the paid user accounts such as Flickr
that you mention gives Yahoo some rights to your content. One little
section of the "Terms of Service" is here:

*Yahoo! does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available
for inclusion on the Yahoo! Services. However, with respect to Content you
submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the
Yahoo! Services, you grant Yahoo! the following worldwide, royalty-free and
non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:*
* *
*With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on
publicly accessible areas of Yahoo! Groups, the license to use, distribute,
reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such
Content on the Yahoo! Services solely for the purposes of providing and
promoting the specific Yahoo! Group to which such Content was submitted or
made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to
continue to include such Content on the Yahoo! Services and will terminate
at the time you remove or Yahoo! removes such Content from the Yahoo!
Services.*
* *

 Karen Wenk, MLS, AHIP
Manager of Health Sciences Library