Mike you are probably correct most racers and instructors  are
proficient at those skills.  But we see one or two every year that want
to be on the patrol and we need to either tell them to go take some
lessons and learn the basics of skiing, or we take them on with the
understanding that they are going to need to spend a lot of time honing
their skills with us.