Thanks, everyone, for your quick responses.

The consensus is that my reduction reactor is probably broken. I'm
cooling things down and getting ready to inspect it.

I know the autosampler was working, because I watched it go and samples drop.

I'll be back if that doesn't fix the problem.

Thanks again,

~Penny

                       Dr. Pennilyn Higgins
                        Research Associate

                             "SIREAL"
   Stable Isotope Ratios in the Environment Analytical Laboratory

         University of Rochester
         227 Hutchison Hall
         Rochester, NY 14627

Office: 209b Hutchison Hall               Lab: 209 Hutchison Hall
Voice : (585) 275-0601              Outer lab: (585) 273-1405
FAX   : (585) 244-5689              Inner lab: (585) 273-1397

           http://www.earth.rochester.edu/SIREAL/index.html

Sent from my Windows 7 64-bit desktop computer