From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert van Geldern
Sent: 14 January 2013 12:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ISOGEOCHEM] Peak Shape

Hi,

we run a Delta V plus in Dual Inlet mode for CO2. We had a pre-vaccum pump failure (Pfeiffer Duo blowed themself off). After installing a new pump and new Pirani gauge standard deviations are bad (0.2 18O in a zero test). The peak shape is bad - no flat plateau in the middle cup, flanks are not very steep. The peak shape of m45 in the middle cup looks more like Gaussian chromatography peak instead.

I tried nearly every focus parameter but shape always remains that way.
=> Any idea what parameter will influence peak shape most?

(and yes: the source is dirty...not cleaned for 2 years or so with several blown filaments due to switched off helium and the pump failure that released some oil vapor; so I suspect this is already the answer to my question...get it cleaned?)

regards,
Robert
--
Dr. Robert van Geldern
GeoZentrum Nordbayern / Applied Geosciences University of Erlangen-Nuremberg Schlossgarten 5

www.gzn.uni-erlangen.de
fon: +49-9131-85-22514 <=new!
fax: +49-9131-85-29294
room: O 2.112 (office)