Dear Colleague,

I direct your attention to the website below where we have advertised for a lab technologist to support activities within our SIMS facility (IMS 1280) at the University of Alberta, Canada (Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences).  We analyze mainly light stable isotopes in minerals to support geoscience research.  Minimum of a B.Sc. (M.Sc. preferred) in geology, with a solid background in isotope lab research desired, but no prior experience with SIMS required.  The duties include sample preparation, ion probe and SEM operation, instrument and lab maintenance, data processing, and administrative assistance.  This non-academic, support staff position is a permanent one (not grant funded as may be stated in the ad).  Review of applications will begin Feb. 1, 2013.

Applications must be submitted via the online system, but feel free to reach me if you have questions about the position.

Best regards,

Richard

http://www.careers.ualberta.ca/Competition/S107913828D1/

[log in to unmask]" alt="CCIM_logo">

Dr. Richard Stern

Canadian Centre for Isotopic Microanalysis (CCIM)

Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences

1-26 Earth Sciences Building

University of Alberta

Edmonton, AB  T6G 2E3

Canada