Hello Vermont Birders:

I visited a few spots in the Champlain Valley yesterday morning.

Visibility at Chimney Point was minimal due to snow squall. No unusual
species were noted but an increase in the number of *Ring-necked Ducks(~50)*and
*Bufflehead(8+)* from the last time I was there.

Light morph *Rough-legged Hawk* on the NW side of Route 17 just north of
the general store (which is north of DAR state park).

Another *Barred Owl* hunting during the day (likely food-stressed) on Sand
Road in Ferrisburgh, south of Little Chicago Road.

A light morph *Rough-legged Hawk* was perched near the intersection of Sand
Road and Little Chicago Road in Ferrisburgh.

A *Cooper's Hawk* was hunting the pigeons at the farm at the intersection
of Sand Road and Fort Cassin Road in Ferrisburgh.

Duck highlights on Porter Bay, as viewed from Fort Cassin Road:
- a continuing drake *Redhead*
- two *American Wigeon*
- at least four* Gadwall*

Back home in Hinesburg, "my" Common Redpoll flock has swollen to up over
200 again.

Cheers,

Eric Hynes
Hinesburg