Hi Mad Birders and other birding friends,

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my search for Washington County
Winter Birds. I have been out checking high and low after school this week.

On this frigid afternoon we finally took the kids out for recess since the
temperature had actually risen to 7 above zero. Brrrrrrrr....and it was
well worth it....at least 100 Snow Buntings were seen from the playground
at school, whirling and swirling in the corn field by the Waitsfield
Covered Bridge. I have been out searching for them twice this week after
school, and twice over the long weekend, but they finally found me. Three
teachers came up with this estimate....and if anything, there were probably
more than 100. I plan to head over there after school in hopes of
relocating them, along with the chance of finding a possible Horned Lark or
Lapland Longspur in the mix.

Enjoying winter birds,
Patti
Moretown