Hey all,

I got lucky enough to stumble upon an adult Bald Eagle at Charlotte Town
Beach on New Years Eve. After getting some great pictures of it perched in
a tree right next to the road, it took off towards the 200 or so Mallards
in the bay and singled out a female which it chased for a minute or two.
The eagle was able to knock it into the water, and because the Mallard kept
diving underwater every time the eagle swooped down to grab it, it dove
down into the water directly on top of the Mallard. After about a 15-20
second recuperation float about 100 meters out in the lake, the eagle took
off with its lunch. I thought others would enjoy the decent pictures I took
of this awesome chase so I've posted them in the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85270080@N05/sets/72157632410832517/

Justin LeClaire