Just when I'd nearly abandoned all hope of ever seeing a Pine
Grosbeak, while driving this morning down Park St. in Burlington
there they were!  Ten chubby ones eating crabapples in front of the
Mobil station, gulping fruit down like it's their last day on earth.
Wow, can they eat.  I'd never realized how much like parrots they
seem,  clutching branches with legs wide-spread and their bodies
leaning over, grabbing and mashing the fruit leaving pulp all over
their beaks.  What a glorious sight on a warm winter day.

Kaye
Hinesburg