Pouring over the pictures again, I'm inclined to agree with the Song
Sparrow id.  The lack of "buffiness" and delicate beak are good
indicators as pointed out by Eric Hynes and Michael Blust.  The
Lincoln's I saw in Ct. had both features, which were greatly
highlighted in contrast to several Song Sparrows my brother and I had
viewed minutes before, helping to make the Lincoln's stand out as
being different.

Sparrows can be devilish hard to id.

Kaye
Hinesburg