We also had our first siskins since November 23rd here in South Burlington.  Saturday morning (despite the 50F temperatures) felt like the boreal forest at our place, with siskins, pine grosbeaks, and common and hoary redpolls all lingering.

I've posted few photos of the pine grosbeaks here:

http://www.scriberule.org/251birds/?p=761

If you'd like to find some pretty reliable pine grosbeaks, I'd suggest Deerfield Drive in South Burlington.  There are dozens of crabapples there that the birds have been feasting on for several weeks, and they've left massive piles of partially eaten fruit around the base of the trees.

Josh Phillips